Wednesday, November 28, 2007

EYEBROW RINGS AND ETC...

CHOICE SONG: Pretty Vacant by The Sex Pistols.

It has been a long time, a very long time indeed since last I posted here. It is quite shameful really. Whatev.

Life is currently more boring than ever before. I am teh sucks. I just got a job at KFC (pronounced as Dane Cook would pronounce it, of course). It does not look promising, mostly b/c I hate chicken. And fast food. Ooops, I didn't say that, obviously, b/c KFC is not fast food. No establishment with SOUTHERN HOSPITALITY could possibly be considered a fast food joint. *Coughs*. Also they're making me take out my eyebrow ring. This sucks mainly b/c I haven't even had it a year yet:( So I've written a poem to immortalize my fated metal friend.

Ode to my Eyebrow Ring

I cried when you first
were plunged into my flesh
A single tear of ocular pain,
salty cousin of rain,
but I could not complain.

Shiny metallic rod
you live in my fleshy flesh
Constant decor of my face
You are vaguely commonplace
But certainly no disgrace!

You are entertainment, joy
when I am dying of boredom
sensory bliss under my fingertips
wish I had rings in my lips
But alas, not in my hips.

Grandmothers and employers
may not approve of your shiny ways
But I will always love you
Celine Dion can't do what you do
Piercing #6, don't feel blue.

Though I take you out today
I will stab you through tomorrow
And if a tear of ocular pain
should down my face drain
I still would not complain.

2 Comments:

Blogger Anna said...

I think your poem made me not ever want to get a piercing of any sort. Although anything that references Celine Dion is *awesome*
Also, I miss you. I'm very sorry I drove through Toledo at 8am and didn't want to wake you up. :(

8:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You think that sucks?
I work at KFC and one of my managers said it would be ok if I got my eyebrow done, id just have to cover it with a bandaid or some plaster while it was healing. So I get it done, go show the guys at work and the next day I get a phone call from one of the other managers at work. She tells me I have to take it out and that I have no choice but to take it out. I've had my eyebrow done for two days, I've fallen in love with it and have to get rid of it :(

7:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home